The dark night of the soul...
I'm finding out a lot more about this. Essentially considered the existential crisis of the soul. Said to be experienced by major life events/times of realization.
- losing someone in your life
- Getting a new job
- Ignoring what you truly want
There are a lot of other things that can trigger it. What I've noticed most from it is
- The hate of a structured, fit-in-a-role society
- Questioning everything and losing purpose/value in things
- "Purging" in the sense of eating, disconnecting, ridding of things to minimize, etc
Said to be very close to depression in its symptoms. Be sure to take seriousness and understanding to see if a medical professional can assist.
"It is a term used to describe what one could call a collapse of a perceived meaning in life…an eruption into your life of a deep sense of meaninglessness."
Once you realize life isn't the way that you thought it was/isn't what you wanted after all, you can't fight it.
You need to surrender to the dark night and let it guide you to what you really want out of what you're longing for or else you'll never get out of it.